What Are Stretch Marks?
- Vertical scars that form on the skin during periods of rapid skin stretching, including pregnancy, growth spurts, body building and weight gain
- Very common, affecting 50-90% of all pregnant women
- Stretch marks are the result of damage to collagen and elastin components of skin
- Usually found on abdomen, breasts, hips, buttocks and thighs
- Initially pink to purple and then lighten to pale silvery-white
- May be itchy, tender and painful and cause one to feel self-conscious
How Can I Prevent Stretch Marks?
- Keep the skin well moisturized with nutrients that promote collagen and elastin production to allow the skin to stretch without scarring.
- Stratamark stretch mark therapy gel is a registered medical device to prevent and treat stretch marks by improving collagen production
- Safe for use by pregnant and breast-feeding mothers, children and people with sensitive skin, it was developed specifically for use during and after pregnancy.
- Contains no parabens, alcohol or fragrances
- Reduces itching and tenderness associated with new stretch marks and diminishes redness
- Softens and flattens new and existing stretch marks
How Do I Use Stratamark?
- Start using Stratamark gel after 13 weeks of pregnancy, or at the first sign of stretch marks during a growth spurt
- Continue Stratamark gel for 2-3 months after pregnancy or growth spurt completed
- If treating established stretch marks, treat for at least 3 months and talk to your doctor about laser treatment to augment your Stratamark treatment
- Apply a thin layer of Stratamark once daily after bathing and drying the skin, leave on for 24 hours
- Best results obtained by allowing continuous contact of Stratamark with the skin
- Stratamark gel drys quickly and can be covered by clothing or sunscreen
How Much Stratamark Do I Need?
- Economical to use, one 50 gram tube is sufficient for 2 months use in late pregnancy.
- You can purchase Stratamark from us online.
How Do I Treat Existing Stretch Marks?
- A variety of laser and energy therapies can improve the appearance of existing stretch marks by improving blood flow, collagen and elastin production in the dermal layer of the skin. Dr. Tkatch recommends a series of Sublative radio frequency energy treatments to her patients who want to improve their stretch marks. If you are pregnant you will be evaluated postpartum to establish a custom treatment program.