Botox for Hyperhidrosis (Excessive Sweating)
IS EXCESSIVE SWEATING EMBARRASING YOU?
Hyperhidrosis is a medical condition that causes excessive sweating.
- Are sweat stains ruining your clothing?
- Are you worried about body odour ?
- Do you dislike having to use aluminum chloride anti-perspirants?
- Do you have to change your clothes or shower repeatedly to cope with excessive sweating?
- Do your hands sweat until they drip?
- Do your feet sweat so much that taking off your shoes is embarrassing due to odour or hard to treat athlete's foot fungal infection?
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT DURING MY BOTOX® FOR HYPERHIDROSIS TREATMENT?
- We will apply a numbing agent to the area.
- If we are treating your underarms,please shave the area a day or two earlier to allow the doctor to see the treatment area easily.
- Ice will be applied before a series of injections with very tiny needles to deliver the botox to the sweat glands
- Within two weeks your sweating will be dramatically reduced and your confidence will soar!
- Expect re-treatment in 4 to 6 months.
WHAT DOES BOTOX® FOR HYPERHIDROSIS TREATMENT COST?
- The injector fee to the physician is $299.
- The cost of the Botox® medication may be covered by your extended health care plan. If you do not have an extended health care plan the cost of filling the botox prescription at your local pharmacy will be in the range of $900.
- Botox® treatment by a physician for hyperhidrosis is a medical expense that can be claimed on your tax return.
WHAT IS THE BOTOX ALLERGAN PATIENT ACCESS PROGRAM?
- Allergan is the company that makes Botox® and they have partnered with Central Pharmacy to improve patient access to therapeutic Botox for those patients who have extended health coverage.
- Dr. Tkatch offers the Botox Allergan Patient Access program. If you have an extended health care plan we submit the paperwork to your insurer. Regardless of the outcome of your claim, whether the insurance company accepts the claim, rejects it or asks for further information, the cost of the prescription Botox for your first treatment will be covered by Allergan.